Bilingual Inspector (Amended) Job Openings by Manitoba Government in Winnipeg November 2019
Manitoba Government Recruitment 2019 - Manitoba Government present an opportunity to apply Bilingual Inspector (Amended), that will be placed in Winnipeg. You will definitely get a better prospect along with less dangerous life sometime soon. Signing up for this firm makes anyone can reach the purpose less complicated and make current aspiration come true.
To help the business eyesight and mission comes on legitimate Manitoba Government is actually open on brand-new place seeing that November 2019. All people who are interested answering this particular vacant, make sure you take part in this kind of Bilingual Inspector (Amended) recruitment. If you will be one that might fill up qualifications, you can try to see more info about Bilingual Inspector (Amended) Job Openings below.
Manitoba Government Jobs 2019Bilingual Inspector (Amended) Job Openings in Winnipeg
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS NOT A CIVIL SERVICE POSITION
This is a Designated Bilingual position. The successful candidate must be able to communicate in both official languages (French and English).
The Liquor, Gaming and Cannabis Authority of Manitoba (LGCA) regulates the province’s liquor, gaming and cannabis industries. We license liquor sales, service and manufacturing; gaming employees, products and operations; and retail cannabis stores. We strive to serve the public interest by regulating these industries in a respectful, impartial and balanced manner.
The LGCA is seeking a highly motivated individual to work within the Inspections Department, which is part of the Compliance Unit. The Inspections Department is responsible for providing reasonable assurance that all activities licensed or permitted by the LGCA are conducted safely, honestly, with integrity and in the public interest, and that programs are operated in accordance with legislated requirements.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- A satisfactory Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse Registry Check
The successful candidate must have:
- Post-secondary education in a related field and work experience in a regulatory and/or public sector environment. An equivalent combination of education and experience particularly in the areas of administrative law, law enforcement and regulatory enforcement may be considered
- Strong inspection and investigative skills with experience ensuring compliance as well as knowledge of legal and court procedures
- Knowledge and experience interpreting and applying policies, procedures, legislation and supporting regulatory standards and requirements including but not limited to The Liquor, Gaming and Cannabis Control Act, Criminal Code (Canada), and LGCA Terms and Conditions
- Strong communication skills to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders; as well as to prepare reports, policy recommendations, public information materials and conduct presentations
- Strong interpersonal skills to build and maintain professional relationships with diverse clients and stakeholders
- Demonstrated political acumen when dealing with confidential and sensitive information.
- Demonstrated decision making and analytical skills to support departmental, organizational and legal requirements
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to plan, balance and manage multiple work demands to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and specialized computer systems and equipment
- General accounting and audit skills and understanding of financial accounting principles and practices
- Strong verbal communication skills in French
This position is based out of Winnipeg, Manitoba and is also responsible for the surrounding area. The Inspector provides training and guidance to licensees, licensees’ staff and permit holders to operate in accordance with The Liquor, Gaming and Cannabis Control Act, associated regulations, LGCA Terms and Conditions, and policies. Duties include enforcing the provisions of The Liquor, Gaming and Cannabis Control Act, associated regulations, LGCA Terms and Conditions, and policies. The Inspector regularly interacts with other government departments and law enforcement agencies, along with various community groups.
The LGCA has a comprehensive compensation and benefits package which includes extended health care, health spending account, dental care, vision care, long term disability insurance, group life insurance, maternity leave top-up plan, family related leave and a defined benefit pension plan (some pension plans allow for portability between the Civil Service Superannuation Board and employers). The LGCA also has ergonomic workstations and free parking. Training, educational support and career development opportunities are also available.
Please quote your name and the advertisement number in the subject line of your email. Please submit your cover letter, resume and any other documents in PDF format. The LGCA does not accept .zip files or links to Google Docs, Dropbox or any cloud-based storage systems as a replacement for PDF documents.
- An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
- Applicants may be required to write a screening/selection test
- Applicants will be required to participate in a French language assessment test
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Circumstances may arise where the competition may need to be withdrawn
- A positive attendance record will be a consideration in the screening process
- Satisfactory work performance in the preceding 12 months is required
- Working hours will be irregular and involve day/evening/night and weekend work
- A valid Manitoba driver’s licence and ability to travel frequently are required
- A satisfactory Criminal Record Check, Child Abuse Registry Check and Drivers Abstract must be produced and maintained
- Must qualify under The Liquor, Gaming and Cannabis Control Act to be appointed as an Inspector
- Must be physically capable of performing the routine manual labour components of the position, which may include but are not limited to: occasional lifting of objects weighing 7-23 kilograms, walking considerable distances, climbing stairs, exposure to inclement weather conditions and exposure to high noise levels
- The incumbent is expected to deal with potential volatile situations – minors, intoxicated persons, large crowds and hostile individuals
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor's representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
As one of the leading companies in Canada, Manitoba Government opens variety of opportunities for employees to grow and make them as future leaders of the professional and disciplined. Manitoba Government also offers a dynamic work environment in order to encourage employees to give optimally, and at the same time, you are able to increase new experience and knowing through the company programs.
If You are interested to send an application for Bilingual Inspector (Amended) Job Openings Winnipeg November 2019 by Manitoba Government, please prepare requirements files and documents as soon as possible. To apply by online, please click the "Apply" button below. If you still do not satisfy with a job above, you can try to read more jobs list in Winnipeg region from another company below.
Related Jobs in Winnipeg
Answer phone calls and properly direct callers and visitors. Perform administrative tasks such as preparing application packages, invoices, and out-going…
We are looking for someone who has great time management skills and must have a love for animals. Customer service skills must be dynamic and having experience…
Respond to calls or walk-in inquiries about suite availability. Credit check, employment check, rental reference, etc). Handing out and receiving applications.
If you require a workplace accommodation, please advise our Human Resources representatives. \*\*This is not a driving position\*\*.*.
Valid driver’s license and acceptable driver’s abstract (subject to approval). Emergency First Aid and CPR Level C. Macdonald Youth Services – Human Resources.